Conversations

We are learning how to talk and listen with other people. When people take turns talking and then listening, this can be a conversation. When we have a conversation, we start with a greeting (a way of saying hello, and inviting more talk to happen), then we might use questions and answers to find out what we have in common to talk about. When we are finished, we should have a friendly ending (for example; “nice talking to you, see you later!”). Watch this video to learn more about taking turns in conversations.

It’s important that if the other person is talking, I am listening and thinking about what I hear. Then when it is my turn to talk, the other person should listen and think about what they hear. This way, our conversation will make sense, and we will both enjoy having a conversation together.

About Ms Salmon

I am a teacher in NSW, Australia. I use this blog for my students each year, and for collecting games, videos, images etc. for use with those classes.

2 Comments

1. We have practiced asking and answering questions about our friends. Some of the questions we have asked each other are:

Do you like to fly a kite?
    Was your favourite flavourchocolate?
    Would you like to get some pizza?
    What’s your favourite colour?
    What’s your favourite food?

2. Hello K Sunstone.

You have come up with some GREAT questions. Well Done! I thought I would answer some of your questions.

I have never flown a kite before. It sure looks like fun though! My favourite flavour IS chocolate. Yum! I am ALWAYS happy to get some pizza. Yes please! My favourite colour is pink and my absolute favourite food to eat is cupcakes.

From Miss Cooke