Homework

Today, students received their first homework for the year. They have 2 pages to go in their homework books, with instructions.

The double-sided page includes a spelling list, and a list of basic number facts which should be practiced each night through “look, cover, say, write, check” in their homework book. It also contains a choice of two word problems to solve using the mathematical problem solving sheet. I encourage flexible thinking, and using more than one method to prove the answer. This problem will particularly support students preparing for NAPLAN this year. The remainder of the sheet has 4 short activities relating to the previous weeks learning, or current events. Students can tick a box for each day they have read something at home.

The single sided page is full of optional activities. Students may choose to complete one or two activities from this enrichment activities grid each and write about it in their homework book. This page is intended to last for the whole term. Students seeking additional work are encouraged to complete online activities such as ‘Mathletics’ which provide instant feedback and can adjust the difficulty to an appropriate level of challenge. I will share activities and games on this blog as I discover them that may be of interest or benefit.

Please ‘have a go’, and if you have any questions or difficulties, please leave a comment here or come and see me.

UPDATE: I’ve added a page to the top menu bar with this information, and have uploaded the homework pages so far.

About Ms Salmon

I am a teacher in NSW, Australia. I use this blog for my students each year, and for collecting games, videos, images etc. for use with those classes.

35 Comments

1. I’ve done half my homework already too easy.

2. But don’t give me really hard homework 😀

3. I’m Savannah I’m or done my homework thanks for it. It fun to have you

4. okay maybe something just a little tricky but not that hard 😀

5. Hahaha i have not even started.

6. Hi Mrs Salmon

7. Hahahahahahah dont put hard homework

8. I have finished my homework it is waàaaaaaaaaay to easy

9. finished my homework first day way to easy BUT STILL keep it that way mmmmmmhhhhhhhh yeah yeah YEAH

• I believe homework should always be easy enough to do quickly and on your own, but still help you practice important things you’ve learned in class 🙂

10. ANY way Hi anyone really

11. cody if you think its way to easy then you should get harder homework so its a challenge for you

12. who wants to hear a joke

13. whats brown and sounds like a bell

14. Dunngg

15. XD 😀

16. Fabulous 🙂

17. whats brown and sounds like a bell afro amok

whats brown and sounds like a bell

18. Hey everyone it’s Abbie 😎

19. Hi it’s Savannah what are we doing tomorrow can we do the art plzz