CAPA – by Zana

(Crossposted from http://brightbunch.edublogs.org)

Written and published by Zana

Every week, Belmore South Public School enjoys many things to learn about but one of the most popular is probably CAPA. Lately in CAPA we have been learning about major and minor in music. Major means higher notes that make you happier and minor means lower notes that make you sadder. Here’s a game you can play at home:

Instructions

Get two or more people and take turns. One person plays some music and doesn’t tell you the name of it. The others have to tell the person who gave them the song if it is major or minor.

Sheet Music

Zachary Sumners via Compfight

About Ms Salmon

I am a teacher in NSW, Australia. I use this blog for my students each year, and for collecting games, videos, images etc. for use with those classes.

6 Comments

1. Thanks Miss Salmon for posting this on your blog there will be many more to come in the future!

2. I liked the major and minor lesson. The next time you teach a class major or minor (if you have not taught all the school major and minor already) two good examples of major and minor would be would be A minor and C major scales.

3. I am had fun using the Jelly Bean book today. It was very fun trying to play the tambourine at just the right time. It was also fun singing Happy after we had done it. I’m excited for the next lesson! 🙂

4. I like your music on the piono because it is really fun and
    Relaxing.

5. I like the song “At the end of the day” by Justice Crew and I think its a minor because the music makes you sad.

By Rehan Ahsan year 2 Belmore South Public School.